Saturday, October 26, 2013

“I can’t find anything to wear”



Today I have a guest. Her name is Sedef Cakir. She is 33 years old and lives in Istanbul. She studied engineering but her job nowadays is being a mother. She has a lovely son who is 1 year old. We had a nice speech with her. She told us her choices, likes and dislikes. As most of the women she complains about not being able to find anything to wear in her wardrobe. Let’s see what a young mother thinks about fashion.


How do you define your style? What kind of models attracts you?

To be honest nowadays I don’t have much style. I gained so much weight during the pregnancy and then lost weight after birth. But I am still not as before. However I prefer generally sportive clothes.

I like jeans much. Also denim skirts, denim bags… I don’t like shirts for instance. We had uniform at high school. It reminds me that. I don’t like wearing jacket too. It is also because of the same reason. It makes me crazy. 

Denim love

Most of the time I say that I don’t have anything to wear. It is classical for women you know. You open the wardrobe, look at it hours and hours and you can’t find anything to wear. I feel most of the time so. 


Purple cardigan by LC Waikiki

I don’t prefer wearing t-shirts also much. I wear mostly blouses. I like cardigans and scarf around the neck as well.

Are you selective?

Yes, I am very selective in respect of clothing. I don’t wear everything. For instance I never wear clothes with shiny stones or pink colour. However I should admit something. I was given a pink dress as a present after birth. I wear it. It is the only pink cloth of mine. 


Summer is the skirt time...

I don’t go and buy something pink especially. Otherwise all of my clothes are black, blue, green or purple. I usually prefer those colours.

Y London skirt

I like also authentic things. For example I have purple baggy trousers. I bought it in Grand Bazaar and wore it very often.

The purple baggy trousers

I wear also trousers that show my hips smaller. Now I have a pot belly unfortunately. When you are a mother you can’t take care of yourself much as before. You need time to make your body as before. So I try to find clothes that will hide my belly as well. 

Is there any famous woman whose style you like?

I don’t follow anybody actually. I don’t care much who wears what. I have my own style.



Are there any brands you especially like?

I prefer Koton, Mavi Jeans, Oxxo and LC Waikiki most of the time. On the other hand I like not much expensive and good quality products. I don’t have brand obsession. I always wear things that I believe that fits me the best.


By Mango
Can you define yourself as a shopaholic?

No, I don’t like wandering in the shops. I mean I don’t like going out just for shopping. I buy mostly in internet. You don’t lose time.

Which websites do you use often?

For instance there is a website as www.trendyol.com. I can find many different brands there or I buy in the website of LC Waikiki.

Her favourite green coat

I buy what I need. I don’t have so many unnecessary shoes for instance. 

As I said before I like denim bags. If I can’t find outside, my mother sews for me. But I have a very special black bag for special days.


The black bag is for special days
Are there any very special clothes in your wardrobe?

After pregnancy I gave away all my clothes. My size changed. I was S before but now M. However I have a green coat. Although its size is 34, I can’t give it away. And my dark blue leather jacket. They are precious for me.

PS...

I would like to hear about your fashion world too...

You can write me: fashionkiag@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment